1 William Penn Drive
Downingtown, PA 19335
Your source of computer engineering careers with a focus towards communications technology in this connected world.
near Downingtown, PA 19335
Sponsorship transfer available for existing H-1B visa
Perform functions to develop, model, design, assemble, test, document, and support 3D scanning systems and products, working with complex factors not easily evaluated and making decisions based on conclusions for which there is little precedent.
Duties and Responsibilities
1. Design and assist with the design of structured light 3D scanning metrology systems or similar triangulation based measurement systems.
2. Develop and implement techniques, algorithms, and approaches for high accuracy calibration of 3D scanning metrology systems.
3. Define artifacts and calibration standards for production and end user calibration.
4. Generate math models and/or otherwise perform calculations necessary to accurately predict performance, resolution, and measurement accuracy of 3D imaging based systems.
5. Generate, edit, and/or direct generation of firmware and software code for control of products and/or test fixtures designed for use with 3D measurement products.
6. Research vendors, technology, and competitive products in support of design projects involving structured light scanning and similar technology.
7. Design and/or select LED’s, DLP, DMD, optics, filters, attenuators, LED controls, cameras, lenses and related technology in support of 3D scanning and measurement products.
8. Provide expert technical guidance in the use and optimization of scanning technology for 3D metrology.
9. Assemble and test products and fixtures as part of product development and/or production support.
10. Design, develop and verify fixtures and processes for assembly, alignment, focus, measurement, and calibration of 3D measurement systems.
11. Provide system design input for development of DLP/DMD, image sensor, LED pulsing, LED power control, and image temperature stabilization.
12. Generate drawings, specification, schematics, flow charts, bills of material, test procedures, assembly instructions, and other documentation necessary to specify product configuration to manufacturing, purchasing, vendors, and regulatory agencies.
13. Assist and support manufacturing, customer service, and customers with the use of product and fixtures as required.
14. Provide guidance for and assist with test, documentation, and communication of critical information necessary to obtain and maintain regulatory approval for LED based products.
· MS in Electrical Engineering, Physics, Optical, ME minimum. PhD preferred.
· 2-5 years of experience in 3D scanning technology, interferometry, fringe projection systems or closely related field.
· Experience with Matlab a must. Experience with GPU, CV and Image Processing toolboxes preferred.
· Experience with C++ is a must.
· Experience in system level testing.
· Experience with CMOS and/or CCD image sensor technology preferred