Engineering Project Manager – Job Order 3230
Paoli, PA 19301
$90K to $110K
Might be open to sponsorship of existing H-1B’s
Relocation allowance is available.
My client is involved in the design and manufacture of self-checkout equipment in retailers and parking areas, slot and vending machines and have installed almost 10 million devices. From cash and coins to cards and mobile, they keep the world of payments moving with smart validation devices and business-management software. Their technology powers more than 4 billion transactions every week.
The Engineering Project Manager is responsible for estimating, planning and leading engineering projects, ranging from large platform developments to shorter term projects as business needs dictate. The Engineering Project Manager drives the engineering elements of the project to ensure safety, quality, on-time delivery, cost within budget, scope, risks, change control and communication for the projects. The Engineering Project Manager will ensure that:
1. This role is an integral part of all projects and processes
2. All engineering Toll Gate and EDP (Engineering Development Process) deliverables are completed at high quality
Responsibilities and Duties
- Estimate, plan and lead engineering projects ranging from large platform developments to shorter term projects as business needs dictate. Responsible for ensuring all engineering tasks are completed at high quality and on time.
- Full accountability for release planning: management of project timelines, scope and milestones for one or more projects. Manage the complete Software Development Lifecycle.
- Working with product management, prioritize and negotiate scope of projects.
- Ensures that the Team delivers against schedule, scope, resource/cost, and quality targets using the Agile/Scrum SDLC
- Perform Scrum Master functions: schedules and leads the release planning, sprint planning, retrospectives, backlog grooming and daily scrum activities (all Agile ceremonies)
- Responsible for driving accountability to Engineering Development Process (EDP) within the project
- Ensure all Engineering Toll Gate requirements are met, working closely with the Program Manager
- Works with the Engineering Technical Leads (mechanical, hardware/electrical, software) to plan and direct the engineering project team
- Manages the development, implementation, and evaluation of complex designs
- Ensures completion of project as efficiently and effectively as possible
- Create project schedules that capture cross functional involvement and determine the best course of action to ensure project goals are met
- Calculate and budget project expenses and capital requirements; track and manage project spend to maintain budget expectations
- Oversees product construction and testing
- Evaluates changes that substantially impact the scope, budget, and schedule of the project. Work with program manager and project sponsor to approve and communicate substantial project scope changes
- Familiarity with test equipment release process: R&R studies, transparency test, results analysis and test limit definition
- Lead DFMEA – Identify sources of risk and create mitigation scenarios
- Develop, maintain, and ensure proper use of project management templates encompassing all activities required to launch a new product into the marketplace. This includes participating in calls or meetings about the planning, progress updates and details of the delivery of assigned projects.
- Work with internal teams (product, engineering, professional services as required) to facilitate and ensure that all professional services are appropriately specified and documented by said teams as part of the creation of the project plan including milestones, dates and owners.
Qualifications and Required Skills
Bachelor’s degree in a technical discipline, management or related field, or equivalent combination of education, training and experience
3+ years of project management experience managing/leading others in an Agile/Scrum setting
Ability to manage the launch project teams across all new product development activity. Where appropriate and agreed, act as the liaison between CPI and customer teams for business channel deliverables.
Ability to calculate and budget project expenses and capital requirements. Track and manage project spend to maintain budget expectations. Identify sources of risk and create mitigation plans.
Ability to quickly analyze data/situations and draw relevant conclusions to have positive effects on business in a complex environment; ability to make decisions to achieve desired results
Experience with project management tools (SmartSheet, MS Project) and issue and project tracking software (JIRA preferred)
Needs to have some background in development, agile or needs to have software project management experience.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org