Labview Developer, 6 month contract – Job Order 3099
US citizen or permanent resident
Location: Falls Church, VA 22042
Small company of around 50 people who are making avionics gear for the US Navy need to hire an embedded software engineer. This is a fully funded legacy product. At the same time the are involved in updating their legacy intercom product and are actively seeking to develop a next generation product that will utilize COTS technology to make a secure network/cloud aware communications switch.
Reporting to the Director of Software Engineering, the LabVIEW Developer will play a key role providing support for existing and future functional test equipment, and supports the design, documentation, fabrication, assembly, testing, and acceptance of these equipment. We are seeking a self-driven individual who is experienced in developing functional test equipment.
The successful candidate will work with a team of engineers to develop functional test equipment for intercommunications systems. This position focuses on software design and control system architecture, with an emphasis on data acquisition.
The successful LabVIEW Developer will have strong interpersonal skills, the ability to work effectively and collaboratively with highly technical peers, and the capability to manage workload among changing priorities, alternating between hands-on verification, validation, software development and automation. Applicants should thrive in a dynamic environment and have a troubleshooting mindset: an ability to systematically and effectively break down a system or process into subparts to identify failure mechanisms.
PRIMARY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
• Develop complex applications in LabVIEW and other suitable technologies and deploy systems into the lab.
• Perform root cause analysis for failures and implement solutions
• Maintain thorough and accurate documentation (technical manual generation)
• Oversee automated test development/system validation
KNOWLEDGE/SKILLS/ABILITIES – REQUIRED
• LabVIEW with minimum of 4+ years’ experience
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or related field.
• Data acquisition
• Technical experience
• Excellent communication (written, verbal and presentation) skills, and advanced problem-solving orientation and decision-making skills
• Excellent documentation skills and ability to communicate effectively at all levels of the organization
• Excellent time management and prioritization skills
• Eligibility to legally work in the United States and considered a U.S. Person under ITAR and EAR (i.e. U.S. citizen, U.S. permanent resident, or protected individual such as a refugee or asylee).
This job description reflects the general level and nature of the job. It is not intended to be all inclusive.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com