Cyber Principal Engineer, network administrator, clearance – Job Order 3111
College Park, MD
US citizen with active secret clearance TS/SCI Full Poly
They are more than a research lab; they are an innovation hub. They have an entreprenurial spirit molding technology of the future. They are involved in cybersecurity, data analytics, advanced networking, wireless and mobility, display technologies, optical and quantum, power grid and IoT security, and electronic warfare. The industries they work in include smart cities and smart phones, intelligent battlefields and autonomous systems, telecommunications, energy, finance, government, life sciences and defense. They have 225 scientists, engineers and analysts on staff, 260+ issued, licensed and pending patents. They have more than 125 PhD’s on staff, 40+ collaborations with universities, research organizations and vendors. Additionally they have 100+ on-going customer-funded research and technology programs.
- We are looking for candidates with a strong background and proven experience in networking and cyber research and development for Full-Time positions in our Cyber Security research group. Candidates will work with teams on challenging problems in the broad area of systems and network security to research, and should be adept at identifying successful approaches to complex problems. Technical areas of interest include, but are not limited to:
- Configuration, debugging and administration experience with carrier grade routers, transport switches, and firewalls from Juniper, Cisco, Fortinet, and other US and international vendors
- Experience with large-scale commercial telecommunications hardware, software, protocols, standards and operational procedures.
- Monitoring, analysis, trouble shooting and configuration of back haul and enterprise IP networks.
- Familiarity with current and emerging network exploitation techniques
- Experience with Malware remediation and vulnerability analysis
- Expertise in reverse engineering and with Ghidra and other RE tools
- Requires 12 to 15 years with BS/BA or 10 to 13 years with MS/MA or 7 to 9 years with Ph.D.
- PhD in Computer Science/Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or related field OR Master’s degree is preferred.
- Past experience as a technical/integration lead on at least one major effort
- Experience with IC customers and their needs is a plus
- Experience working on site as part of a mixed government/contractor workforce in support of a shared mission
- Ability and desire to quickly acquire knowledge of new subject matter areas
- Must have an active TS/SCI with Poly clearance for this position.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org