Network Communications Researcher
Shrewsbury, NJ 07702 or Bernardsville, NJ 07924
US citizens only
They are more than a research lab; they are an innovation hub. They have an entreprenurial spirit molding technology of the future. They are involved in cybersecurity, data analytics, advanced networking, wireless and mobility, display technologies, optical and quantum, power grid and IoT security, and electronic warfare. The industries they work in include smart cities and smart phones, intelligent battlefields and autonomous systems, telecommunications, energy, finance, government, life sciences and defense. They have 225 scientists, engineers and analysts on staff, 260+ issued, licensed and pending patents. They have more than 125 PhD’s on staff, 40+ collaborations with universities, research organizations and vendors. Additionally they have 100+ on-going customer-funded research and technology programs.
We are in need of an engineer with wireless networking expertise to help us research and optimize technology development in wireless network architecture and protocols. The challenges this researcher will help support will center on:
Applied research and technology development in diverse areas related to wireless systems architectures and protocols (adaptive routing, QoS, MAC, autonomous network control, innovative protocol stacks, mobile applications).
Design and development of advanced algorithms and networking software for more efficient and reliable network communications in disconnected, intermittent wireless environments.
Ability to write high quality scientific papers and patent applications.
Requires 8 to 10 years with BS/BA or 6 to 8 years with MS/MA or 3 to 5 years with PhD.
– Perfers M.S./Ph.D. in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or a related field.
– Strong software and systems skills and experience in prototype development (Java, C/C++, Linux shell and network programming, wireless drivers, MAC protocols, adaptive routing).
– 5+ years of experience in designing, implementing, and integrating complex software systems.
– Knowledge of computer networking with emphasis on wireless mobile networks, wireless systems engineering, and Internet technologies (IP protocol stack, transport protocols).
-US Citizenship with ability to obtaina DoD security clearance at the SECRET level or higher.
– Knowledge of military waveforms (e.g., SRW, Link-16, TTNT), including protocol stacks.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com