Principal Firmware Engineer
US citizens and Permanent Residents only
Woodbury, NJ 08096
One of he original companies involved in asset management and invntory control, located not far from some of the best beaches in the United States as well as within a day’s visit of Baltimore, Washington, DC and New York City, with a lower cost of living, my client is undergoing complete renovations in it’s headquarters. They have over 3000 employees worldwide. When you join the 45-person engineering group you will be expected to participate in many aspect of engineering which will enaable you to grow your skill set including actual design work and not just integration and test.
The Principal Firmware Engineer is a hands-on architecture & design position engaged in the firmware development and sustaining of products supporting anti-theft and asset management devices in a retail environment. As part of a cross functional team he or she has the responsibility for architecting, designing, implementing, testing, mentoring the firmware team members and supporting firmware controlling embedded processors in both wired and wireless networks. He or she will apply knowledge of embedded software, communications protocols, basic electronic circuits, signal processing, and wireless networks to perform their daily design tasks.
Principal Firmware Engineer is responsible for the development of embedded software system development. Responsible for providing substantive technical assistance in software development projects, including the design, coding, and testing of all embedded software system components. The position reports to the Firmware Manager Worldwide.
Responsibilities include: Specifying, architecting, designing, implementing, releasing, and supporting embedded software products for R&D software development department. Participates in embedded design projects from concept to production; Develops utilities, scripting, Library porting, using Visual Basic or C/C++, in support of the embedded system development process;
Supervises junior level developers or contract personnel in a senior level design/development role, Leads small interdisciplinary teams in completion of embedded software engineering project.
Writing and executing Engineering / System test plan-cases
Bachelors of Science in electrical Engineering or equivalent field
10 years experience as Sr. Or Principal embedded software engineer
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ABILITIES (KSA’s):
· Ten (10) year’s experience with C/C++ and embedded real time C
· Experience with Embedded RTOS & Linux with 32-bit microprocessor architecture
· Must have led the team and architect / handle embedded projects
· Experience developing boot code power on self-test Experience developing broad support packages
· Knowledge and experience with In-Circuit Emulators and Logic Analyzers
· Experience with product specifications, systems analysis, microprocessor based systems, and firmware design
· Perl , Java , VB programming
· Experience with Wireless and Wired technology viz. Ethernet (TCP/IP), Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, Cellular
· Experience with Microsoft Office applications.
Relocation assistance may be considered
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com