1 William Penn Drive
Downingtown, PA 19335
Your source of computer engineering careers with a focus towards communications technology in this connected world.
Location: near Bernardsville, NJ 07924
US citizenship required
They are more than a research lab; they are an innovation hub. They have an entreprenurial spirit molding technology of the future. They are involved in cybersecurity, data analytics, advanced networking, wireless and mobility, display technologies, optical and quantum, power grid and IoT security, and electronic warfare. The industries they work in include smart cities and smart phones, intelligent battlefields and autonomous systems, telecommunications, energy, finance, government, life sciences and defense. They have 225 scientists, engineers and analysts on staff, 260+ issued, licensed and pending patents. They have more than 125 PhD’s on staff, 40+ collaborations with universities, research organizations and vendors. Assitionally they have 100+ on-going customer-funded research and technology programs.
The focus of the project that the candidate is expected to work on is to help build an innovative cyber experimentation environment called CyberVAN (Cyber Virtual Assured Network). This aim of CyberVAN is to support rigorous scientific experiments with an automated experimentation process. This environment enables cyber security researchers to focus on the development of algorithms and theories and leave most of the
actual experimentation setup, deployment, and execution to the CyberVAN R&D team. To date the team has developed a mature environment supporting testing and evaluation of many advanced cyber security research projects.
Research Scientist is expected to perform R&D work under the guidance of senior researchers on well-defined R&D tasks, and collaborate with peers to address research challenges. At a high level, the expected R&D work will be in the broad areas of cyber security, Internet and wireless communications, and data analytics.
• Perform R&D tasks, including the design of algorithms, design and implementation of software components/systems, as well as testing and evaluation of software components/systems;
• Assist project manager and technical leads to generate ideas for proposal opportunities;
• Explore approaches to R&D challenges and develop novel ideas that could sufficiently address such challenges;
• Develop software prototypes and cooperate with peers to conduct integration testing;
• Assist the preparation of papers and technical reports to publish research results in public forums
• Prepare and present R&D results to the project manager and possibly to customers as well
Requires 8 to 10 years with BS/BA or 6 to 8 years with MS/MA or 3 to 5 years with PhD.