Senior Research Scientist, Mobile Computing – Job Order 3262
Silver Spring, MD 20910
US Citizens and Permanent Residents; no clearance required
$80K to $190K
They are more than a research lab; they are an innovation hub. They have an entreprenurial spirit molding technology of the future. They are involved in cybersecurity, data analytics, advanced networking, wireless and mobility, display technologies, optical and quantum, power grid and IoT security, and electronic warfare. The industries they work in include smart cities and smart phones, intelligent battlefields and autonomous systems, telecommunications, energy, finance, government, life sciences and defense. They have 225 scientists, engineers and analysts on staff, 260+ issued, licensed and pending patents. They have more than 125 PhD’s on staff, 40+ collaborations with universities, research organizations and vendors. Additionally they have 100+ on-going customer-funded research and technology programs.
My client is looking for a self-motivated Senior Research Scientist with a passion for developing technology innovation in the area of advanced mobile computing platforms in safe and secure networked systems. The candidate will work with other research engineers and collaborate with university faculty members and students to design algorithms and implement prototype systems to demonstrate new research concepts and enable technology transition to practice.
BS 8-10, MS 6-8, PhD 3-5 years of experience
· Graduate degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or related field
· Strong knowledge of and hands-on experience on mobile computing platforms (including processor architecture, OS, firmware, and software)
· Strong knowledge and experience in machine learning (ML) frameworks and tools
· Knowledge of network security and cyber-physical systems security
· Experience with containers and orchestration solutions including Docker, Kubernetes is a plus.
· Excellent oral and written communication skills
· US permanent residency or US citizenship is required